I voted for Hillary. While I know she was part of the establishment, but there was simply no way I could ever vote for DJT. Never. No way. Ever.
For me these are going to be scary, scary times. Consider the CEO of Exxon being considered for Secretary of State who has “relations” with Putin. Consider the number of Generals selected for Cabinet posts. Sound like a coup a brewing? Maybe. So, I came across this advice on the web, and I am going to try and follow it and then, pray, pray, pray harder, and hope our Republic survives.
Ten Things we can do when Trump is President
Evan McMullin (Former CIA agent)
- Read and learn the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. Know that our basic rights are inalienable.
- Identify and follow many credible sources of news. Be very well informed and learn to discern truth from untruth.
- Watch every word, decision and action of Trump and his administration extremely closely, like we have never done before in America.
- Be very vocal in every forum available to us when we observe Trump’s violations of our rights and our democracy. Write, speak, act.
- Support journalists, artists, academics, clergy and others who speak truth and who inform, inspire and unite us.
- Build bridges with Americans from the other side of the traditional political spectrum and with members of diverse American communities.
- Defend others who may be threatened by Trump even if they don’t look, think or believe like us. An attack on one is an attack on all.
- Organize online and in person with other Americans who understand the danger Trump poses and who are also willing to speak up.
- Hold members of Congress accountable for protecting our rights and democracy through elections and by making public demands of them now.
- And finally, in the words of Abraham Lincoln, have “malice toward none, with charity for all” and never ever lose hope!